General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Passenger Side Windows Dont Work But Has Power

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Default Passenger Side Windows Dont Work But Has Power

Hello, All,
I need a bit of help with my '99 EX. The RH power windows are inoperative from either side switch. The LH windows work fine. I *think* I can rule out the sleepy multiplexer but am not completely certain. I just got this car from a private party and am starting to see why they sold it! (topic for anther discussion ) Anyway, I get a "plink" noise at the door switches when I try them. I have verified I get 12VDC when I disable the lockout switch on the driver's door. When I first started troubleshooting the problem, both F & R 20A fuses were blown. I put new fuses in and so far so good. It is not the motors because I checked motor winding continuity and no short-to-ground. I disconnected the connector from the car at the motor and I ran 12V and GND to the motor and they operate just fine so that ruled out a bad motor.

Is there something I am missing? I do not have a service manual nor a schematic so I have to employ the brains here!

Thanx in advance!

Bud

Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Had the same problem a couple of months ago myself, replace the window switch after I heard those sounds your hearing and wola..window works fine again..

Go to web site switch doctor dot com and look up your car..prices are good and the service is OutStanding..

Welcome to the forums..I see your a New Member.

WheelBrokerAng