General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed my passenger side power lock BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Question Fixed my passenger side power lock BUT...

Here is the story in my 2003 honda accord coupe ex 4 cyl.....

During the winter time my passenger side power door lock stopped working. I figured the actuator died.

So today i went to honda to buy a new one and I was able to install it after about an hour of figuring everything worked out.....

Girlfriend was happy! She no longer has to wait for me to unlock the door from the inside to let her into the car..

BUT now i am unable to manually open the door of the passenger side. I am too tired and its too dark outside for me to continue to troubleshoot. At least i got the power locks to work now...

DOES anybody know what i can check tomorrow on my passenger side door which i may have overlooked when installing the actuator?

I figured it has to do something with the cable tension from the door handle to the actuator mechanism...

Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

So, when the door is unlock, you can open the door with the outer handle, but, you can't open it with the inner handle?

Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
So, when the door is unlock, you can open the door with the outer handle, but, you can't open it with the inner handle?
Yeap that is right. Cannot manually open the passenger side door from the inside.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

You will have to follow the metal rod (or maybe cable) from the inside handle to the lock mechanism. Maybe you forgot to attach it when reinstalling the lock mechanism.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Then recheck the installation, especially the inner cable, the inner cable clip, and the inner handle.

I've attached some pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Fixed my passenger side power lock BUT...-inner-handle.jpg   Fixed my passenger side power lock BUT...-actuator-latch.jpg   Fixed my passenger side power lock BUT...-outer-handle-rods.jpg   Fixed my passenger side power lock BUT...-lock-knob.jpg  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You will have to follow the metal rod (or maybe cable) from the inside handle to the lock mechanism. Maybe you forgot to attach it when reinstalling the lock mechanism.
Yeap..i ran the cable from the handle back down to the actuator. There is one screw holding the cable bracket to the actuator (also two clips on the side)...

When i pull the handle from the inside I see no movement from the cable...im going to mess with the cable attaching to the actuator tomorrow after work.....it has to be something with that...