General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Honda Accord Power Door Lock Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Unhappy 98 Honda Accord Power Door Lock Question

I have a 1998 Honda Accord LX 4 Door with power door locks. I do not have remote door locks. I can not figure out how to unlock all the doors at once, because it keeps changing. The locks are doing weird things.

Here is what happens:

If I use the key to open the drivers side door and hold it in the open position - it unlocks the driver's side door and the two back doors, but NOT the passenger door.

If I use the key to open the passenger side door, it immediately opens the passenger side door and the two back doors - I do not have to hold the key in the open position - it does NOT open the driver's door.

If I use the inside power door lock button on the driver side, it usually only opens the two back doors, but sometimes it unlocks the passenger side door too - but only sometimes.

If I manually lock the driver's door it always locks the two back doors, but only Sometimes locks the passenger door.

It seems to change everytime I get in the car. The only consistant thing is the way the two back doors lock and unlock.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is there a way to make everything lock and unlock consistantly?