General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Accord EX..

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 10:59 AM
jad
Unregistered
Default 99 Accord EX..

'Mornin all, new one here fising for answers. My daughter's 99 Accors EX started blowing headlight bulbs, and the instrument panel lights ( brake, door open, trunk, etc,) all blink off & on as I hit the gas or increase RPMs. Battery bubbles over, alternator voltage outout reads 19.5 volts steady. I think it's putting out too much voltage, shouldn't the alternator put out around 14.4 volts? Is the rnator on these Accords? TAre the voltage regulator part of the alternator on Accord EX? Thanks for the help!

Old 03-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 99 Accord EX..

Hi JAD..
Take the alternator off the car and take it to an Advance or an AutoZone store and let them test it before it blows the battery up under your hood, Sounds as tho your alternator is overchargeing your system...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-05-2006, 03:46 AM

There is a voltage regulator in the alternator that is most likely bad. Like WheelBrokerAng said take that **** off before it fries all of your electrical components.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sounds like alt issues to me as well.......replace the alt, use a Honda alt , do not use one from the DEADZONE ( Autozone )

Old 03-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

do not run the car anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take the alternator off and replace it immediately. its doesnt even need to be tested. 19.5 is way to much.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:17 PM

Dont mind if I ask you this Jad.. Did you guys accidently jump the alternator..? The reason I asked because I had the same problem before and it's because I jumped the alternator .. a small jump can zap the voltage regulator easily, but if you replace the alternator it should take care of the problem..goodluck