General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Accord EX V6 Homelink Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 99 Accord EX V6 Homelink Not Working

I have been doing some research on my car's homelink and cannot come across any posts with the issue I am having. I had stopped using the Homelink for our garage for a while, but now with Winter approaching - I wanted to start using it again.

Normally, in the past I was able to successfully program the homelink feature to these garage doors - but the other day when I took the transmitter in the car and started the process I wasn't able to do so.

I attempted to clear the codes out by pressing the outer homelink buttons in for about 20-30 seconds - in the past, after a certain amount of time the center Home Red Light would flash and indicate all codes had been cleared - then I could program my homelink buttons OK. This time - the red light never flashed or anything. Even when pressing any of the buttons, there is no light that lights. It's a pretty small red like in the shape of a home, but I know it did not light because it was night and I should have been able to clearly see it light.

Anyhow....has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have some troubleshooting ideas or know a specific fuse that is tied to the Homelink feature?

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

I have a service manual for this car but it has nothing, that I can find, on this.......I'm guessing you have the owners manual and following that?

Old 11-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah, I have the owner's manual. It does have info on it and that is what I have followed - both before and when I tried recently. The small red light on the house symbol won't even light anymore....I found several of the overhead consoles on ebay and elsewhere, but didn't want to have to spend the money to replace it if it was something I was doing wrong or something else was going on...

Old 11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Ok. please don't take my questions the wrong way....just wanted to be sure.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Newest Of Newbies

No, trust me - those are the questions I'm looking for in order to spur some troubleshooting or reference material that maybe I've overlooked. Thanks for looking at the post! I was hoping to just find the Homelink part and just replace that, but from what I've found thus far - it is the entire overhead console.

I suppose I can revert back to having the garage door opener in the car - I'm just picky and never liked that being there!

Did you have any other thoughts or have you seen this issue posted before? I wasn't able to find anything, but I may have missed it...

Thx
-Nick

Old 11-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

I searched the service manual I have and wasn't able to find any testing procedures in it