General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

99 accord hesitates

Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 AM
nikkit
Unregistered
Default 99 accord hesitates

Hi! I have a 99 Honda Accord that has hesitated on occassion ever since I purchased it a few years ago. I have taken it to the Honda dealership several times and if the computer doesnt tell them anything then they can't fix it. I have also had the transmission looked and it was fine at the time. He sent me to another mechanic who kept the car for several months and it hesitated once on him and the fuel pressure dropped. He replaced the fuel pump reluctantly but it still hesitates occassionaly. It used to hesitate more upon first acceleration in the morning and then if you were running errands, in and out, stop and go it would do it. The RPM's go up but the car hesitates. If you punch the gas hard it "catches up". In the past it would not do it if you did not get back in the car for say 8 hours or so. But lately it is doing it more often just when you get in and accellerate for the first time. On a side note, it had not done it in several months but a kitten got under the hood and I drove like that for several miles and now it has hesitated every day since then.
Any advice would be appreciated.