General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Accord v6 ex

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Default 99 Accord v6 ex

Heres what I have, If my car sits in direct sunlight(hot) it will not start until temp has dropped. At least 2or 3 times it would not start for hours (3 up to 8 hrs). If it is parked in shade it will start. Also sometimes if I make short drive get out for a few minutes it wont start at first but if i wait 1 or 2 minutes it will start. Any ideas.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Turn the key to the II position and do not try to start the car. Listen for the fuel pump to turn on while the check engine light does the ~2 second bulb check. It is a faint buzzing/whirling sound coming from the back seat, so turn off the blower, radio, etc.. and listen carefully.

If that sound is present when the car starts, but not present when the car is not starting, then I would suspect the main fuel relay. You can repair the solder joints or replace. Search viIZ8k60awY on YouTube for an ericthecarguy video on how to repair the solder joint.