General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about my 91 accord transmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Default ? about my 91 accord transmission

I have a question regarding my accord. its a 91 with a 2.2 engine and auto trans. When driving it it shifts wonderfully and very smooth. but in moving the shifter from park to drive or reverse, (or in any order) it has a "Kick" to it. im used to be able to feel it alittle bit with my other care but this one seems to do it harder then i am used to. wanted to know if it was a shifter cable issue or what? Since i just purchased the car and dont know to much about trannys. figured i would ask anyone on here. LIke i said it drives fine, fluid is great, its just when i move the shifter from park or reverse or drive it seems to go into gear ruffer then my other cars. Its not hard to actually move the shifter either. that is easy. im lost. please Help!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

I'd inspect the mounts, front and rear especially. The one on the front is the usual suspect-look down between rad and engine, little left of center and you should see the front one.