General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Light - Brake kicks back

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Default ABS Light - Brake kicks back

I took my car for diagnostics and I was told the reason my break pedal kicks back is because possibly one of the ABS sensors is bad, I also hear a ticking sound and when i go past 70 or 80 the ABS light turns on. I have new rotors, pads etc, so i know that's not the problem.

How can i diagnose which of the 4 sensors is faulty?
If one of them how much am i looking at to have it replaced, how much are they?

Its sounding like I'm going to need a mechanic for this one and I wanna get an idea of prices. Someone already quoted me $60.00 just for finding out which sensor it is...

I have to get it fixed cause sometimes when I brake, i actually feel the car moving sideways...also
If its the ABS motor...same quetions from above.

We found out its the ABS sustem because we disconnected it and the kick back on the break pedal went away.

Aut Tran
1993 10 Ann

Thanks for helping my dear Accordites.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Administrator
Exclamation

Please post in the correct forums when your posting..otherwise you take the chance of getting locked out of your post's..

WheelBrokerAng click the image please!

Attached Thumbnails ABS Light - Brake kicks back-headbang_pc.gif  
Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

In the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum, there is a link to checking engine codes. The procedure is the same for checking abs codes, except that you have to count the ABS light flashes.

The ABS flashes a two-part code. For a code 2-3, the abs light will turn on for about a second, then off for two seconds. This is the bulb check. Then the main code will flash, you get a 1 second pause, then the sub code will flash. There will be a 5 second pause (long pause) between codes. This will make sense when you check for codes.

In my opinion, replacing the ABS sensor is pretty simple.