General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ac compressor removal help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:23 AM
Default ac compressor removal help

can someone link me or show me on how to do a ac compressor removal step by step. I got the main idea on the proper way to do it, but want to know the exact method for a 1996 honda accord 2.7L v6 model, for example which nut, bolt or tensioner needs to to be loosen or remove. thanks guys.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

1. If the compressor is marginally operable, run the engine at idle speed, and let the air conditioner work a few minutes. Then shut the engine off, and disconnect the negative cable from the battery.

NOTE: The original radio has a coded theft protection circuit. Be sure to get the customer's code number before disconnecting the battery. After service,
reconnect power to the radio and turn it on. When the word "CODE" is displayed, enter the customer's 5-digit code to restore radio operation.

2. Recover the refrigerant with a Recovery/Recycling/Charging System.

3. Disconnect the condenser fan connector. Disconnect the compressor clutch connector from the condenser fan shroud. Loosen the lower mounting bolt, then remove the two upper mounting bolts and the condenser fan shroud.

NOTE: Do not damage the radiator fins when removing the condenser fan shroud.

4. Remove the nuts, then disconnect the suction line and the discharge line from the compressor.

NOTE: Plug or cap the lines immediately after disconnecting them to avoid moisture and dust contamination.

5. Remove the three mounting bolts and the compressor.

NOTE: Do not damage the radiator fins when removing the compressor.