General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AC condenser not kicking on... by itself

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:56 PM
ckeathley
Unregistered
Angry AC condenser not kicking on... by itself

Let me explain, I have read many, many posts to try to fix. I have jumped the connector at the a/c pressure switch. Nothing came on, but when I took the connector on the drivers side right by the condenser, the plug going directly to the unit and ran a wire from the battery to it, it kicked on and blew cold. Now how the crap can I get it to come on when I press the button?? Getting frustrated.. Thanks to all who takes time to read this.

Attached Thumbnails AC condenser not kicking on... by itself-refrigerant-pressure-sensor.jpg  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Most likely explanation is failed compressor relay (condensor is heat-exchange element that cools the refrigerant), or open in fuses 4 or 8 in the under-dash fuse box.

good luck

Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i am a bit confused reading your post

Are you only complaining of a cond fan motor not working.. or that the a/c is not working..( compressor ) ?
with a/c on, both fans should come on, so even if the cond motor does not work and the other fan works , a/c should still blow cold assuming there is plenty of freon and the pressures are ok,,
did you jump the single wire ( red ) that goes to the compressor ?? if so it will make compressor engage assuming the a/c clutch is ok,,

So which one is it ?? a/c compressor not coming on or just the a/c condenser fan not coming on ? both fans not coming on ?

One last thing , what are you working on ?? year ,model

if you are talking about the compressor not coming on,, if both fans come on when you put the a/c on,, it could be a fuse or relay

if with a/c on both fans do not come on,compressor does not engage , you got an issue on the ground side of the circuit,, thermostatic switch, located in the evap, a/c switch, wiring,

but first off,,, year and model

Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 PM
ckeathley
Unregistered

94 honda accord ex

It is the both AC compressor and the fan after playing with it now. Can both relays be bad? There is plenty of freon in the system. Double checked that after hot wiring the compressor and check psi.

"if with a/c on both fans do not come on,compressor does not engage , you got an issue on the ground side of the circuit,, thermostatic switch, located in the evap, a/c switch, wiring,"

What can fix this? Are you talking about the unit in the dash? Thanks guys