General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ac/heater help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Default ac/heater help

sorry if this is thewrong place if it is will a mod move it plz.... ok so i have a 1993 honda accord lx and i seem to be having a problem with my ac/heating i bought the car from aa friend after winter it needed a new blower to run the ac/heater so i ened up having a new 1 put in but now for some reason when i turn it on theres hardly any air coming out even on full blast and before u ask yes i did put freon in it....when i took it to the shop the guy said it could also be my controls to the ac/heating so i got a new 1 i just put it in lastnight but its still doing the same thing anyone know what this problem could be?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

With the blower on high is the motor spinning faster than on low, sound / speed should change. If not there is a resistor that controls the speed of the motor. You could check the voltage at the blower motor at different settings to see if it changes. My 95, yours could be different, goes from @ 4 volts on low(1) to 10 volts on high (4).

Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Is the blower motor not blowing enough air through the vents, or is this a problem with the temperature of the air coming out of the vents?

Some of the aftermarket motors have two leads that you have to splice in, so did you have to do that, or did you buy one from honda that has the proper electrical plug?

Did the motor come with the white plastic cylinder with the fins, or did you reuse the old one?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

And yes, if it was an aftermarket blower. Is it spinning in the correct direction? The aftermarket blowers are designed to work in many differnnet models so the direction of the motor can be controled by which side the + and the - are connected to...

Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 AM

The evaporator could be plugged with rubbish since the earlier accords had no cabin filter, but the person changing the blower motor should have checked it while taking the blower assembly out. (even with lots of junk in the evap. it should still blow)

The outside-air/recirculation doors on the blower assembly could have been tampered with or incorrectly put back together if the assembly was taken off. (do you hear the motor engaging and hear some little doors closing while switching from recirculate to fresh air?) recirc. has more flow.

If the motor was connected in reverse polarity you would have air flow coming from below the glove box on recirculate mode.

if its original, let me warn you of the funky smell of 17yrs of build-up on that evaporator. there are no cabin filters on them, but mine has

Old 06-15-2010, 12:17 PM

thanks for all the replys i found out the problem then vent leading out of the car the flap thats in it was jamed...it took awhile but got it fixed and now its blowing out air like new