General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord 3.0 EGR Flow

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:57 PM

I followed the bulletin verbatim with the exception of drilling a hole and inserting the tube.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Do you know if I should be able to run a coat hanger from the intake port to the egr valve port?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by twfail
Do you know if I should be able to run a coat hanger from the intake port to the egr valve port?
don't know, you could try

Old 10-08-2012, 02:21 PM

I did try, but couldn't get it all the way through. That's why I'm not sure if it's blocked or they way it's designed. I can't imagine it being blocked considering how clean the inlet/outlet looks.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

those bulletins are put out to be followed EXACTLY, you need to do the test first, and then follow the BULLETIN EXACTLY...i know you are looking for a quick silver bullet fix, but you'll chase your tail alot longer trying to take shortcuts.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM

What "test" are you referring to? I've read the bulletin several times but I don't see a "test".

Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dr. Drivability
you need 2 jumpers with alligator clips. disconnect the electrical connector at the valve. connect the postive (from batt) to the bottom left pin of the six pin connector on the valve. start the car and let it idle. connect the neg (from batt or other known good ground) to the bottom right terminal on the valve. the engine should stumble or stall...if not, either the valve is bad, the ports are plugged (both i'll assume you've addressed) or the computer is bad at that point. computer being bad meaning it's not sending a signal to the valve when it should. clear as mudd, ehh???
this one ^^^^ from earlier in the thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 PM

Jeff,
I didn't see that post b/c I looked at the second post you had posted. I'm sorry about that, I will go home and try the "test" tonight and respond back in the morning. Thanks again for all your help today.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by twfail
Jeff,
I didn't see that post b/c I looked at the second post you had posted. I'm sorry about that, I will go home and try the "test" tonight and respond back in the morning. Thanks again for all your help today.
no problem

Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 PM

I'm having the same issue Twfail is having as stated above. I've replaced egr. Removed and cleaned all ports on intake manifold and port under egr valve. Codes have been reset several times and still come back on after couple miles of driving. I've sent so much time and money on this problem. Frustrated. And wondering if there is possibility that a relay relating to the egr could be bad. Like it could be sending bad info to the computer. Car runs great for now. But single female with no help, moving far from home and trying to fix before I get stranded (
2002 accord v6, 212, 000 miles

Last edited by GearGirl; 10-09-2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: add car model

Quick Reply: Accord 3.0 EGR Flow