General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord Hybrid Problem-IMA

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Default Accord Hybrid Problem-IMA

It might have started with a big container of little herbicide pellets that opened up in the trunk of my 2005 Accord hybrid. It went all over the inside of the trunk. I drove around with that stuff loose for weeks before noticing it and cleaning it up.
Two days ago, the IMA dashboard light came on. I vacumed the air intake in trunk and back seat area. I had the radio on as I was doing it. Then I disconnected the battery to see if the IMA light stayed on. It didn't come back on, but I couldn't reset the clock and the radio doesn't work either. Everything else works, although the IMA blue assist seems to act differently (it could be my imagination). I'm not sure if there's a filter clogged with the pellets or if there is a IMA problem and I wonder if I blew a fuse when I disconnected the battery with the radio on and key turned so the radio would play.
If anyone can make sense out of this mess, I'd appreciate your help
tks

Old 08-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

you probably have to enter a code to unlock the radio. There may be a sticker on one of the sides of the glove box. You can also go to honda owner link site and provide the proper information to get your radio code. The information may be in the owner's manual too.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Default (Con't)

Update
Tks for the help. I got the radio going again. But the car doesn't drive quite as before. The blue assist lights hardly ever comes on, whereas it always was coming on and off showing level of assist. Also, my mileage seems to be a few mpg better than before! At least that's what the computer shows.

My question is could the dashboard information not be working properly or be accurate because of the original error light for IMC lighting up (it's off since I disconnected battery) or do the readouts have to accurately show what's really happening with the electric assist system? It's crazy because if the assist isn't working as much, my mpg with the 6cyl gas should be a lot worse than before!

Could it have anything to do with the catylitic converter?

I could drive it more to see if it heals itself, but my inclination is to take it in for analysis. I'm planning to take car on vacation in a week.