General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord models

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Default RE: Accord models

Benny Hill was a comedy visionary, hes no more crude or perverted than Nip/Tuck is

Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 PM

This may sound like a stupid question but I don't know the answer so I have to ask. Do they air the american football Super Bowl over there?

That still bothers me too. Why on earth did the U.S. decide that Football was a passing an running game and Soccer is a no hands sport but the rest of the world calls soccer, football....

Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

This may sound like a stupid question but I don't know the answer so I have to ask. Do they air the american football Super Bowl over there?

That still bothers me too. Why on earth did the U.S. decide that Football was a passing an running game and Soccer is a no hands sport but the rest of the world calls soccer, football....
I have many super bowls in my kitchen cupboards. never occurred to me to air them tho. Straight answer is "no". Your football is more akin to rugby football played in UK, Europe, S. America, S. Africa, Oz and New Zealand but without the suits of armour. It is a passing, running and kicking game. Two forms : Rugby Union, a hooligans game played by gentlemen and, Rugby League, a hooligans game played by hooligans. Vos ees zis "sockere" ?

Old 01-07-2008, 01:52 PM

I've been to a number of different countries and the whole football vs. soccer thing really ticks me off... I'd like to find the guy that decided to re-name the sports and kick him in the jimmie... *L*

The "Super Bowl" is the american football version of the World Cup for Soccer except the super bowl is far more popular in the states than the world cup is (on average...)

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl

Old 01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I think this thread is the first time I've ever heard the expression "by jingo" or "cockney" ..... and I work with a handful of Brits. Has anyone ever listened to Bill Hicks' comedy skit on Hooligans? He was awesome!

Richard Rogers Architects from London are the architects of record for the Javits center.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I've been to a number of different countries and the whole football vs. soccer thing really ticks me off... I'd like to find the guy that decided to re-name the sports and kick him in the jimmie... *L*

The "Super Bowl" is the american football version of the World Cup for Soccer except the super bowl is far more popular in the states than the world cup is (on average...)

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl
I think you enjoy your sport more than we do. here it is a source of angst and agony.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

I think this thread is the first time I've ever heard the expression "by jingo" or "cockney" ..... and I work with a handful of Brits. Has anyone ever listened to Bill Hicks' comedy skit on Hooligans? He was awesome!

Richard Rogers Architects from London are the architects of record for the Javits center.
I will now search for even more obscure, archaic words and expressions to delight and entertain you.
here's one to be going on with - the way my original string has changed is the dog's bollocks !
[ meaning excellent]

Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: academic

ORIGINAL: falkore24

I will now search for even more obscure, archaic words and expressions to delight and entertain you.
here's one to be going on with - the way my original string has changed is the dog's bollocks !
[ meaning excellent]
The closest american version of that would have to either be "the Bee's knees" or "Cats Pajama's".... speaking of Dog's Bollocks I think that's the title for a new cartoon that's supposed to be coming out on Cartoon Network [Adult Swim]

Old 01-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

lol .... Cat's meow. Bollocks is actually something I do hear in the office.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:06 PM

I should mention that I was serious about the cartoon, it was supposed to come out in a couple of weeks but they pushed it back....