General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accord Temp Gauge and radiator fan question. 95 Accord F22B2

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Default Accord Temp Gauge and radiator fan question. 95 Accord F22B2

Does anyone know what the stock gauge temperature points are in relation to degrees?

Today I got it to a little less than halfway between the middle white slash and the upper white slash before the red. I shut it down the instant I saw it and left the key on so the fans would run (I was sitting parked). I popped the hood and saw the A/C fan was running but not the primary (passenger half) fan. I spun the blades on the non working fan then I bitch smacked the fan motor and it came on full blast

I know I didn't technically overheat the engine but I want to know what the temp was. 220 I wouldn't get upset about, 240 would be a different story.

That brings me to my next question. I called Autozone while letting the car cool off. They stock different fan motors for the Denso and Mitsuba equipped cars. They said the electrical connections are different and the motors are not interchangeable. Do you guys know if this is true? I'm going to end up at the junk yard getting one for $10 instead of paying $45 for a AZ part made in China. But I need to drive my accord the yard so I can't remove my fan assembly and compare on the spot. Unless these fan motors rebuildable? I'm very handy and would trust a motor I rebuilt over a new replacement or a junk yard part.

Last edited by SVTMike; 06-01-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure on the temp.....a few too many variables.

I think the easy way to tell the differences is the number of fan blades. Denso is five and Mits is four....Go to Dorman Products and look up the radiator fan assy and you can see them.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Not sure on the temp.....a few too many variables.

I think the easy way to tell the differences is the number of fan blades. Denso is five and Mits is four....Go to Dorman Products and look up the radiator fan assy and you can see them.
Thanks, I have 5. I've had this pop up before, there being 2 different versions of parts. Did Honda make a mid year change trying to improve the car?

If anyone can chime in on the temp I'd appreciate it.