General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

aFe MagnumFlow Pro-Dry S OE Replacement Flat Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Question aFe MagnumFlow Pro-Dry S OE Replacement Flat Air Filter

Hello everyone,
I'm a new member to the forum but have used the forum in the past. Great people and good info. I have a 2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr, 4cyl, AT and I've been interested in replacing the air filter with a reusable one. I came across the aFe MagnumFlow Pro-Dry S OE Replacement Flat Air Filter but I couldn't find any compelling reviews, either positive or negative. I'm familiar with cold air and short arm intakes from AEM but this is primarily my wife's car and I wanted to use something a little simpler (I have a cold air AEM DryFlow intake on my 2004 civic). So I was wondering has anyone had experience with the aFe filter or should I just get a AEM DryFlow short arm?
Thanks ahead of time to anyone that replies!
Nate

Last edited by relaxdkid; 11-13-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention my Accord is an AT
Old 11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

No compelling review here either...
I had a 2003 LX & I put in a K&N filter. Not a CAI or anything, just the filter to replace the stock filter element.

No change in performance, but I kinda liked the idea of cleaning & reusing the filter.

That car didn't have a MAF sensor, but if yours does you'll probably know that over-oiling the filter can occasionally mess them up. But you're talking about a dry filter anyway.

I don't use them anymore because the cost of replaceable filters isn't prohibitive anyway.