General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air control switches not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Default Air control switches not working

I have a 2000 LX 4 cyl that has developed aproblem with the controls for theair control and/or A/C. When cold, Ihit any of the switches and they light for a brief second, thengo out. This happens when the car is cold. If I run the car for 10 or so minutes, it usually begins working.There have been instances, though, that even when I'm driving it has cut out and there will be no green lights atall on the controls. The fan is usually set to the 1 or 2 position.

An ideas? Do I need to remove the controls and check the connections in the back? Can someone point meto instructions on how to do that?

Thanks, Steve

Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Default RE: Air control switches not working

ORIGINAL: crazydad

I have a 2000 LX 4 cyl that has developed aproblem with the controls for theair control and/or A/C. When cold, Ihit any of the switches and they light for a brief second, thengo out. This happens when the car is cold. If I run the car for 10 or so minutes, it usually begins working.There have been instances, though, that even when I'm driving it has cut out and there will be no green lights atall on the controls. The fan is usually set to the 1 or 2 position.

An ideas? Do I need to remove the controls and check the connections in the back? Can someone point meto instructions on how to do that?

Thanks, Steve
Could be. I'd try that first, then if you can look at the bulbs. Good luck.