General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Alignment fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Alignment fiasco

well at least you got some resolution.....I never did get any resolution for my problems with Kennedy Transmission...........

Old 10-24-2006, 01:41 AM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

well at least you got some resolution.....I never did get any resolution for my problems with Kennedy Transmission...........
I read about your problems, Yeu. I feel for you, man.

Because I have been there myself, I empathize with anyone going through mechanical issues with their expensive vehicles.

These things can easily strain a marriage, or cause loss of sleep.

How about the guy posting now about his problems with his 93? How would you like to be in his shoes?

Automobiles are a great paradox - you love them when they run well and you hate them when they don't.

There was a great line in the movie "Grand Canyon". While they're having breakfast in a diner, Danny Glover says to Kevin Kelin - "There's only one thing you can be sure of - if you haven't had hard times yet, you almost certainly will before you die". Or something to that effect.

The same is true of cars. If you hold onto the thing long enough, it almost certainly will eventually bite you in the butt. It's just a question of how bad, and will you be ready for it.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:39 PM

The fact that they gave you a refund and apologized for their actions in a written letter is HUGE... they opened themselves up for a lawsuit with that and I'm sure they knew that but wanted to make it right... I'm a customer service manager for a boat dealership and if they went to those lengths to not only give you your money back but apologize I'd probably give them a second chance, if something goes wrong the second time then I'd get nasty... Every dealership has idiot employees it just happens and the fact that they stepped up to make it right is something you'll rarely see anymore... I must applaud them for that....

As far as the paradox goes here's one for you.... The better your life is going the more likely something catastrophic is going to go wrong.... It's the law of averages, the more things that are going good the higher risk something really bad is going to happen...

Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

that would be moore's law regarding catstrophies...something always goes wrong at the last possible moment and at the worst possible time.