General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Altenator 4-wire Connector

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default Altenator 4-wire Connector

I need a replacement 4-wire electrical connector to the alternator on my 97 Acura TL. Latch is damaged and connector gradually comes loose w/ vibration.

In looking at Honda/Acura replacement parts it appears the only way to get that connector is to replace the entire wiring harness. Anyone have a better idea. Salvage yards may help, but I've had problems on small items like this.

thanks

Old 09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Altenator 4-wire Connector

Tough one.

Junkyard or Ebay would be my first thought. Maybe a place that rebuilds alternators would be able to order the plastic part.

Another option is to search Ebay for your engine. There are some Ebay stores that import low mileage engines from Japan, and it looks like from the pictures that they simply cut most of the wiring to remove the engine. You might have some luck by calling one of theses places to see if they have your connector just hanging on an engine.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:52 AM

I'm not sure about this exact connector, butI know if your careful, you can take some of the connectors apart and pull the wires out. Their usually held together by smalltabs that click into place.You just have to make sure that you put the wires back in the right spot. If you can take that specific connector apart, I'd check a junk yard. I was able to do this with the connector for my V-tec silonoid.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Thanks, today I'll try to rig a tensioned retainer w/ twisted wire and hopefully secure till I can find a replacement connector.

The tip to contact an alternator/starter shop to see what they suggest is a good one also.

I think I can ultimately get a part from a salvage yard, but it will probably take a lot of calls and visits to find one.

thanks