General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another air conditioning ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: another air conditioning ??

ORIGINAL: Thunderhead

Wheres the pressure switch located? When you say check for ground ...do you mean apply a ground wire to it? Or ??

pressure switch is located on rec drier,, ( right side of car below battery tray ) it might be best to get to it from under the car ,,,,,

when i say give it ground ,, that's when i mean apply ground to it ,,,,,, as when i said give ground to the red/blue wire ( get a jumper wire and hook up 1 side to ground , the other to the wire ..)

as for checking for gound use a test lite,, hook the clamp side to a power source ( battery pos post ) and the bulb part to the wire,, if it lites up you got ground ,, if not, no ground

make sure that before you try it,, that the test lite lites up,, touch 1 side to pos cable the other to neg battery cable , bulb should lite up..that way you know that trest lite works properly

Old 07-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Thunderhead
Unregistered

Thanks again for all of your help. Compressor and one fan came on when I applied ground to the red/blue wire at pressure switch. I then checked for ground at the blue/yellow wire and it did NOT have ground. What next?

Old 07-23-2006, 02:37 PM

Thanks again for all of your help. Compressor and one fan came on when I applied ground to the red/blue wire at pressure switch. I then checked for ground at the blue/yellow wire and it did NOT have ground. What next?

Ok thunder a couple of things,, # 1 BOTH fans should come on,, which fan is not working ?? main cooling fan ( passanger side )? or condensor fan ( driver side )?
try banging on the back of the fan with a big screwdriver if it comes on you got a bad fan motor,, if not we have to diagnose it ..,,,,,,,let me know

# 2 ... you need to go now under the dash, remove the glove box and locate the a/c thermostatic switch,,it is located in the evaporator upper part.. it has 3 wires going to it

blue/red,,,,,,blue/yellow.....and black/yellow...DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE BLACK/YELLOW..........

Again ,car running a/c on.. connector plugged in,, chk to see if you get ground at blue/red.............if you DO NOT let me know we will have to troubleshoot some more

if you do,,,,,chk to see if you get ground at blue/yellow.........if you DO NOT you got a bad thermostatic switch .........if you get ground , and had no ground at blue/yellow at pressure switch, there is an open in the wiring from thermo switch to pressure switch.........

try these and post the results ......

Old 07-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Thunderhead
Unregistered

I did have ground at the blue/red and I did NOT have ground at the blue/yellow. I said only one fan came on but rechecked and BOTH fans were working. I will see if I can pick up a Thermostatic switch and install. I will let you know how it turns out. I called the local auto parts stores and was told this is a dealer only item...so it might take me a few days to let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for all the help. Great site!!

Old 07-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Thunderhead
Unregistered

Well, I have ordered the a/c thermostatic switch and keep getting the thermostat switch instead! I need to go out of town this week end, so my question is would I cause some damage somewhere if I by-passed this switch until the right one came in?

Old 07-28-2006, 12:31 AM

Well, I have ordered the a/c thermostatic switch and keep getting the thermostat switch instead! I need to go out of town this week end, so my question is would I cause some damage somewhere if I by-passed this switch until the right one came in?

Yo Thunder ,, the part is # 19........it goes in the evaporator ,, it is the only thermostatic switch in the evap .

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...G+UNIT+%281%29

And NO you cannot jump it ,, the A/C WILL NEVER shut off,,,it will freeze everything ,,that's what keeps the a/c cycleling on and off.. when it reaches a certain temp on the evap , the switch will cut off the ground path in the circuit, thus the relay will not close and clutch will not engage ..

Old 08-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Thunderhead
Unregistered

My wife wants to cook somebody a cake!!!! Problem solved!! Air is working great! Finally got to pick up the A/C thermostatic switch, installed very easy. Thanks again for all the help! Desert, I wish I could repay you some how! Wife and daughter was having to ride in a very hot car, the help was very appreaciated.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Administrator
Default RE: another air conditioning ?? lOOK Here Members**

Here is what this forum is all about..great Help from a great Helper ...DesertHelperHonda

Hope you feel Great about Helping out this Member..he feels awful Good about you..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=smiley32.gif]

My wife wants to cook somebody a cake!!!! Problem solved!! Air is working great! Finally got to pick up the A/C thermostatic switch, installed very easy. Thanks again for all the help! Desert, I wish I could repay you some how! Wife and daughter was having to ride in a very hot car, the help was very appreaciated.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:22 PM

First off,,,,,,i am GLAD that it is fixed .........
secondly,, the idea of your wife wanting to bake a cake is HIGHLY appreciated ,, sounds yummy ,, tell her thank you for the thought from all of us at HAF...
thirdly,, no need to think about repaying me or anyone on this forum,, we are here to help people in need, such as you were ..
and lastly,, keep coming to this forum,, the table might be turned someday when you can help a fellow member with your suggestion..and than his wife might want to bake you some cookies ...

And to answer to my pal WHEELBROKER......yes it does make feel good when i or any other members at this forum can help any other members resolve car issues, and help them save money ...