General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody ever heard of this happening?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Default anybody ever heard of this happening?

I just replaced the halfshafts on my car not much over 3 weeks ago, and as i'm driving up the road, damn car won't keep movin. So i take a look and the right halfshaft came loose! Any ideas on how or why that could have happened? its a 92 accord EX btw

Old 04-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: anybody ever heard of this happening?

ORIGINAL: LaminatedKitten

I just replaced the halfshafts on my car not much over 3 weeks ago, and as i'm driving up the road, damn car won't keep movin. So i take a look and the right halfshaft came loose! Any ideas on how or why that could have happened? its a 92 accord EX btw

either you got the wrong axle ,, or whomever installed it did not do a proper job ,,
I would remove the shaft , get a different 1 , it is still under warranty ,, and make sure that it is installed correctly, ( snaps all the way into the tranny, axle nut tight, etc etc )

Old 04-29-2006, 02:10 PM

i read somewhere else that there's different axles for ABS and non-ABS cars, would that have any difference besides the function of ABS system? and how do i fix this issue?

Old 04-29-2006, 02:45 PM

i read somewhere else that there's different axles for ABS and non-ABS cars, would that have any difference besides the function of ABS system?

,, the only thing that would happen if you install a NON-ABS axle into a car that has ABS is the the ABS lite would come on, because the ABS wheel sensor would not work,,
you can install a ABS axle into a NON-ABS car

you cannot interchange an auto tranny for 5 spd axle,, right side for left side ,, some cars have the short left shaft ,, the axle looks the same, same lenght , but the splines where it goes into the tranny are totally different ..

just make sure you get the right axle and it gets snapped properly into the tranny .

Old 04-29-2006, 02:48 PM

i had it snapped and locked in, i heard and felt the SNAP of that ring locking it in, that's just weird how it kinda came apart...

Old 04-30-2006, 03:20 PM

i had it snapped and locked in, i heard and felt the SNAP of that ring locking it in, that's just weird how it kinda came apart...
sounds like it went in ok,,and all the way in,,,, I would try a different axle ,,

Old 04-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Where did you get that axel and what was the stock number on it...also ABS or No Abs...
Automatic or Stick shift?

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]