General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Lock/Security issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Default Auto Lock/Security issues

I've looked everywhere, so either I'm typing in the wrong search phrases, or it's not a common problem. I'm really sorry if it is, because I'm a noobie here. Enough with the preface, here's the prob:
When I first got my 'cord back in October, I'd get out of my car and it would honk when I hit the lock button on my key remote, thus telling me my car was locked and secure. I never checked to see if it would freak out if I lifted the handles or anything...
Something happened, and now when I hit the lock button on my remote it locks all the doors except for the driver's door, and no honk. I can manually lock the driver's door, and then hit the lock button, and THEN it will honk. After I make it honk in this way, I check the door handles, and the alarm doesn't go off. It seemed like this began happening when I hit the lock with my elbow once in a drive-thru. I've made sure the hood is locked down as per the owner's manual, but I don't know what else to do short of taking it in to the dealership.
Would someone please tell me how to fix this?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Does the door lock when you hit the lock button inside of the car?

Old 03-23-2011, 12:30 PM

On everything but the driver's door. It's like no power on driver's side door lock.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Probably a door lock actuator problem on the driver's side.

You may be able to fix the actuator. This is for a 94-97 accord, but it is a lot cheaper to attempt than buying a new one. Just copy and paste the link below in your browser.

honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2465699

redbull-1 is a member on this site, so you might want to send him a PM to see if he attempted this repair on a newer accord actuator.