General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

automatic shoulder belts won't work anymore

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:48 AM
notamechanic
Unregistered
Default automatic shoulder belts won't work anymore

The automatic shoulder belts in my "91 Accord EX won't retract on their own . if you grab the latch and manually force it back it will stay until either the door is opened, or the key is turned off in the ignition, and then it will move forward as it should, but won't return when the key is turned on. they worked every so often for a while and now they will not retract on their own at all.the door switches seem to be working fine (the door ajar light on the instrument panel lights to the corisponding door) and I replaced the ignition lock a couple of months ago thinking that had something to do with it. I can't find a relay or fuse that operates them. Where Do I Start????Replace the motor and track?HELP!!!!

Old 09-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: automatic shoulder belts won't work anymore

Leave them stuck foward and then go to the dealership. "stuck foward" is an inoperative seat belt and is warranty for "the useful life of the car" if the dealer gives you any lip about fixing the belts or wants to charge you, ask them for the phone number to American Honda Customer Care. I've been thru this deal at a dealer I worked for. The sevice manager said to charge the customer because it was an electrical part, the customer squawked to Honda and got it fixed for free.