General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUX iPhone connection stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Default AUX iPhone connection stopped working

Since I've had my car, I have been able to play music by plugging my iPhone through the phone's lightning connection into the car's USB port. It's worked well most of the time. Maybe one out of every 100 times I get a message that says "unsupported," but it goes away after unplugging and re-plugging the phone back in.

This morning, it completely stopped working. The message I get is "no song." Which I've never seen before.

Possibly a coincidence, but I just updated my phone to iOS 8.2 last night.

Help?

Old 03-11-2015, 11:05 AM

It is likely the upgraded phone software. Confirm that the port works using someone else's phone or iPod before pursuing diagnostics of the car. Good luck and welcome to HAF.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:32 AM

I will check that out. Thanks.

My fear is that it is the new iOS update. If that's true, what could I do? Will my Accord forever be incompatible with newer versions of iOS?

Old 03-11-2015, 11:39 AM

If that is the case you may want to call your local dealer and find out if they have a software update they can run for the car. I am not familiar enough with the software updates they have but it is worth asking assuming the jack is fine. If they don't then an aftermarket radio would likely be the best choice.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by jesseberger
Since I've had my car, I have been able to play music by plugging my iPhone through the phone's lightning connection into the car's USB port. It's worked well most of the time. Maybe one out of every 100 times I get a message that says "unsupported," but it goes away after unplugging and re-plugging the phone back in.

This morning, it completely stopped working. The message I get is "no song." Which I've never seen before.

Possibly a coincidence, but I just updated my phone to iOS 8.2 last night.

Help?
I’ve had a similar issue, when trying to use the usb to play music through my iPhone, it just says “no data”. It used to work just fine but out of nowhere while playing music, it just cut out and said “no data” since then, it was never worked. I mean it’ll still charge my phone and my phone shows it’s connected via USB, but the car just displays “no data”. I have a 2015 Accord Ex-L with the dual screen