General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad noise from from FR side/upgrade help plz

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Default Bad noise from from FR side/upgrade help plz

I have a 1995 honda accord with 175000 miles.

Lately when im driving above 55 or so my front right tire area make a flapping noise like a small but very noticable thud over and over again. Sometimes its not there but its while im driving straight and a lil while turning but turning in general doesnt affect it. Im not sure whats wrong but am getting good at fixing cars in general. Ive been in there to try and replace the rotors before but didnt have the time so put it back together (there captive i think its called).
The car makes a pop noise while turning over a bump so i think thats the tie rods or bushings. And the rubber boots are ripped all the way open on some spots the tierod area or the axle or maybe both not sure. It was makeing a squeking noise when it was raining bad 2 months ago but stopped after 2 weeks of now and then. And my car also has a missing a wheel stud (3/4 i know thats really wrong) its been like that for about 4 months.
Ive heard the wheel bearing could be the first problem.
I want to replace the inner and outer tie rods all rubber boots the front axles all bushings (tie rod and sway bar i think?) the hub and bearing so replaceing all studs too rotors brake pads upper control arm and ball joint.
I can get all that on ebay for 400 or less. after all that i think ill need a shop to do a final allignment or is there a way i can do this.
But im wondering if there is a better way to upgrade all this for perfermance like lowering later or better ride or anything i should add? Maybe you think i should just go stock but i feel like even the stock will help the car last much longerand ride better. Basicly im trying to uprade everything while im in there so the car lasts a long time but if theres way better parts or suggestiongs you guys have im all open.

Last edited by haroldyray; 01-31-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:12 AM

heres a link of the stock parts ive found on ebay.
Dont forget i still want to know if you have any suggestions for performance parts or anything like that.

SUSPENSION ACCORD ODYSSEY CL 94-99 OASIS BALL JOINTS | eBay