General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Default battery

Hey guys I was thinking about moving the battery to the trunk so I could have more room in the engine to work with etc. How hard is it to do? Where do you route the wires on the chassis or through the inside? About how long should the wires be?
Thanks for the help

Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: battery

any particular reason you want to do this?

but the best way is to run a 0 awg line to the trunk

assuming you have a newer accord

there is a gromet on the passenger side you can run it through, but its close a pain to run it through there because the heater core is right by that gromet and you have about an inch of play if even that much
then just run the line through the console under the carpet, under the back seat into the trunk

back under the hood all the possitive lines you will most likely want running into a distrubution block that connects to the 0 gauge wire and the ground for the engine needs to be moved to where the ground for the battery was connected

but im assuming that the engine bay of your car is the same as mine....... and that gromet is a pain in the *** to run a line through..... other option..... drill a hole through the firewall just for the 0 gauge line but i dont know a good spot to do that

Old 01-31-2006, 08:53 AM

yea you could run the wires under the car also. at least use 2 guage wire for the job. there is a vent in the trunk, or you could drill a hold and use a rubber grommet. good luck.. you should leave a battery under the hood and still put one in the trunk and have a big *** system.

lightshow

Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 AM

*nods* 2 batteries are better in the end but running it through that vent isnt that good of an idea imo leaves the trunk open to more moisture, but there are two plastic gromets one on each side of the spare tire that run to under the car
its usually better to run the wire on the inside of the so its better hidden

Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 PM

what do ya mean about two batteries like one for the spark plugs etc. and the other for any electrical equipment... I was thinkin of moving it to make room for any upgrades that would require more room

Old 02-01-2006, 01:17 AM

there isnt anything that you should be upgrading that will require the use of the area that the battery sits..... and by two batteries, meaning you have your main battery in the front under the hood and all electrical is connected directly to that, then you have a 4 to 0 gauge wire that runs from the front battery to the trunk on the second battery, that wire is refered to the recharge wire, and that second battery supplements the whole system, usually that battery connects to a capacitor then to a high power amp, yeah....... you probably arent running a system are you.....

Old 02-02-2006, 07:40 PM

haha no no I am not well I guess I don't have to move my battery with everything that yall have told me thanks for the help.