General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery drains off frequently

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Default Battery drains off frequently

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member of this forum and have a 2006 Honda Accord. I am facing a technical problem here and hope to get some suggestions to sort this out.

I bought this car 7months back from a iused car dealer and have been using it regularly since then. Last months I left this car untouched for 2weeks (went overseas) and when I came the car was dead. I had to jump start it. I drove it for 2weeks without any problem and again left it untouched for 2days. It drained off again and had to jump start it.
I have got it checked at the servoce centre and they say battery is in good shape but there might be something in the car which is draining off the battery when left idle for 2days.
Can somebody suggest the cause or solution of this problem.

Regards

Old 05-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by shabha
Hi Everyone,
I am a new member of this forum and have a 2006 Honda Accord. I am facing a technical problem here and hope to get some suggestions to sort this out.

I bought this car 7months back from a iused car dealer and have been using it regularly since then. Last months I left this car untouched for 2weeks (went overseas) and when I came the car was dead. I had to jump start it. I drove it for 2weeks without any problem and again left it untouched for 2days. It drained off again and had to jump start it.
I have got it checked at the servoce centre and they say battery is in good shape but there might be something in the car which is draining off the battery when left idle for 2days.
Can somebody suggest the cause or solution of this problem.

Regards
When you leave your car for a bit do you notice if any interior lights stay on? my door doesnt latch properly and it has caused my battery to die a few times.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:22 AM

Thanks for the response. Everytime I leave my car I make sure all the lights
Are off. My door lights are on for few seconds when door is
Closed latched after which they are off. Actually I confirm all these
Function by staying in the car and locking it with my remote key

The only light I can see blinking is the security light on the
Main display which I presume is suppose to remain on all the time.