General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beep Codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:43 AM
BernardR
Unregistered
Default Beep Codes

We have a 91 Accord EX.
Recently it wont start, when the ignition switch is turned to the on position there are a series of 6 evenly spaced audible beeps; turning to the starter position the engine turns but does not fire. Several years ago I had a BMW which used audible beeps as an initial diagnostic and I assume that's the case here but I can't find any reference to them.

I tried looking at the diagnostic codes for the injection system. I located the blue diagnostic two pin plug and shorted it, but there is no check engine light on the instrument panel and no lamps flash when the ignition switch is turned on. I checked the ECU and found a LED that gave one flash when the ignition was turned on and another flash when it was turned off; shorting the maintenance plug made no difference to the LED flash.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BernardR

Old 09-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Beep Codes

Honda doesn't use audible beeps for diagnostics, the sound is more likely the chime reminding you to buckle the seat belt. To me it sounds like you don't have any codes either.