General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown parking fuse. aftermarket halo's/led headlights. short circuit? bad resistor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:12 AM
Default Blown parking fuse. aftermarket halo's/led headlights. short circuit? bad resistor?

2004 Accord LX Sedan

The right side LED's and HALO's burn out a fuse as soon as i turn the lights
on. The left side works fine. I have them running through parking lights.
Everything was done identical. The right side ran for 2 days and now is
blowing the fuse out. I just changed the battery out (i had only this side connected at the time as i was changing a battery) What may be the cause? What made it blow fuse out all of a sudden? It worked just fine at first. once again one headlight works flawlessly while the other blows out a fuse. It lights up for a millisecond then the fuse goes out. Thanks.

here are the headlights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...item43a3ac2cfc

I followed the installation videos and did everything as instructed through the videos on the page.

Here is the installation video (that is what i did to mine, exactly as per video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e6bO...layer_embedded

Old 12-06-2010, 09:13 AM

I had this same problem with my car which is 2000 Accord and i installed the projection halo's and the fuse kept blowing everytime i turned them on. Check and make sure that none of the wires are touch each other and make sure that its grounded in the right spot (directly to the car).

Old 12-06-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cweaver016
I had this same problem with my car which is 2000 Accord and i installed the projection halo's and the fuse kept blowing everytime i turned them on. Check and make sure that none of the wires are touch each other and make sure that its grounded in the right spot (directly to the car).
i did that, nothing touches. ground is going to ground and everything is just as it supposed to be per the video.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:40 PM

helpppppppp

Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

What fuse is blowing out? Do you have a volt meter?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:44 AM

i got this resolved guys. 5 hours of trial and error and ten 15amp fuses later i finally fixed it. How? i dont know. When i connected LED cables straight to the battery terminals there was a spark and the wire melted to the battery .... now they work ever since happen. no more sparks can be achieved, only that initial spark, like some sort of charge build up was in the resistor that kept blowing fuse. i can not explain this... i have no electrical knowldege.

My new problem is that my HIDs flicker, and the ballasts are supposed to be digital that do not flicker. Now i have to buy a harness.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Default Exact!

exact same problem i just have the 2001 accord coupe, and right side doesnt work but prboly worked for a week in initial setup, so if you could re state exaxtly how you fixed yours that would be great, also if anybody knows why my tail light running lights dont work that would be bonus, thanks guys.