General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Default Body Brake Lines

Well, I got a quote from the local Muffler man to replace my body brake lines for 220.00, told em to get bent haha, I have 2 that need replaced, I went to Advanced Auto parts and I can buy the brake lines for under 10.00 each, here's the problem, I don't know how long of lines I need. They're leakin pretty badly so It's in my top priority to get the lines, and get them in yesterday as I drive around with my girlfriend and once in a while a 7 year old girl and every time, I feel troubled because what if my brakes decided to go while they were in the car? I try to keep my traveling short because of it so I hardly go anywhere, gotta get it done, appreciate any and all help greatly.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Brake lines from auto parts come in standard straight lengths (not prebent to fit your car). You will need to remove old lines, measure, and purchase. You will need a tubing bending to bend the new line to match the old. If longest available tube section is too short, you'll need a tubing union to join two segments together.

good luck

Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM

thanks, i decided to just take it up to a different local shop thats chargin me 120 lol, which im sick of workin on this car, its a pain, all the fasteners and the person who had it before me didn't take good care of it obviously. I went through one heck of a day today workin on 1 side of my brakes just because some idiot at advanced auto parts sold me the wrong rotors, since i was furious about it i accidentally pulled the inner cv joint apart, couldnt figure it out right away, finally got it all back together again, went to pump my brakes, next thing you know my brake lines started to spew out brake fluid, just takin it up to get it done, im done workin on this car. i spent almost 300 bucks just in parts that i found were bad on my accord in the past few days, might as well have had someone else do it, but i guess in a sense its all good because now i know how to do it if anyone has the same problem with their captive rotors. oh well. thanks for the tip though, appreciated