General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Work Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Default Body Work Needed

Can anyone look at the photos and tell me about how much you think the work is going to cost? http://helpmefixit2010.blogspot.com/...body-work.html

The hood is bent in.
The headlight is pushed in and busted, but works.
And the dent on the side is not that bad, but I want to fix that, too.

Also, the engine moves down when put in drive and moves back up when puts in park. What does this mean?

Thanks a lot!!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, right now I would worry about getting the mechanical things first. I always told my kids "a sad ride is better than a proud walk any day". You have a possible cooling issue, other post. Motor moving like like leads me to guess that a motor mount or two could be bad.
Only part of the body work that I would really worry about is the light, some states check the aiming before they can pass. Next would be sure that the hood is secure enough that it will not come up when driving at speed.
As for a quote, you'll have to take it to serveral palces and weigh the options....

Old 06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Take your car to a body shop and get an estimate for the parts.

I am not sure if the radiator support is damaged. A body shop will be able to tell you that stuff.

If they tell you only the hood is bad, then I would pick one up from a junkyard. Look at car-part.com for junkyards near you for a white one. There was one around where I live for $50.

That rear quarter panel will be expensive, because it wraps over and behind the doors. A replacement part will likely involve cutting out the original panel and welding a new one in. You may want to try to push out the dents to get it to look better.