General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Brake Problem...

Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Default Brake Problem...

Hi all
I just recently installed new pads and rotors for the front brakes and everything was fine for the first few weeks then I've noticed something wrong. The brake works fine at low speed which is around 40 mph or less but when i hit the brake at higher speed like around 60 mph and up the steering wheel starts shaking and there was a grinding noise comes from the front passenger's side. This is an ongoing problem and the grinding noise gets louder.. To all the experts out there, please help..thanks in advance

Old 03-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Default RE: Brake Problem...

It does sound mysterious, but if there is a grinding noise then something must be being ground, and you'd expect signs of this to be evident somewhere. Since the only place in the brakes where one part moves near another is between each rotor and the pads, I'd get in there and have a good look around, looking for signs of scoring on the rotor faces.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Default RE: Brake Problem...

Thanks for replying...
I did take a look inside.. the pads and rotors are fine so i put everything back together now the grinding noise is gone but everytime i hit the brake i can feel the pulse from the brake pedal and the steering wheel is still shaking.. I'm thinking about the ABS sensor but if it is the ABS sensor the ABS light will be on.. but i dont see it appears on the Odometer......this drives me crazy... my last option is bring it down to the dealer for diagnosis and that cost $80 at the local shop...i'm frustrated.....