General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes/ rotors

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
chapo_one
Unregistered
Default Brakes/ rotors

i got a 90' honda accord im workin on the side, just fixed up the engine and etc but now gotta do some brake work, heres the problem, i can get the calipers off np but cant get the rotors, there is a 36mm center bolt that has a stake in it you should be able to pop with a chissle, i played with it for long while and no dice, and had a friend who work on domestic cars mess with it to and no dice, now does any1 know if there is a speciall tool u need to pop off the honda rotors or is this even a much more fustrating job then i thought, i heard something about taking off the lower control arms and etc but i dont wanna mess with all that if not needed so lookin for advice on these, let me know if u have any info,, thanx

Old 11-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Default RE: Brakes/ rotors

I may be mistaken but I don't believe you have to remove that center bolt, that bolt holds the axles in not the rotors on, look around the rotors in between the studs and you might see some little screws that hold them on (I don't remember if they are floating or not) that center bolt can stay there.... after you've removed anything in between the lugs tap on the back of the rotor with a rubber mallet a bit it may just be rusted in place....