General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which brand of BRAKES to buy??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 PM
xanatoes
Unregistered
Default Which brand of BRAKES to buy??

hi
ive got warped rotors and violent shaking when i brake so im gonna get new brakes. Do I need to get them for the front and back. or jsut the front for now? Also, what kind of brakes should i get. I jsut wanna get something decent, about oem performace or higher.
ive been looking into opparts rotors, brembo rotors, hawk pads and oem honda stock pads?
I m new to brakes and have no idea... also where can i get them installed for cheap? Thanks for any suggestions you guys may have!!

Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Which brand of BRAKES to buy??

brembo

Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM

For brakes...

If you feel violant shaking...it's more of the Rotor problem. However, changing the pads with it will help much better. Due to everything new, and can be "broken-in" better with correct setup.

Not sure what model or year Accord you have. Not mentioned.

If you are changing into OEM specs...consider PowerSlot Rotors and Metal Master Pads. Much more better braking force with the upgrades, and better than OEM Honda. We have Lordco to get these parts.

I have tried the abovesaid setup ^^^^^, and I can say it stops sooo well even on the rain. And less brake dust.
For me, I would try to change front and back, cause I'm the kinda person to do all things at once...so that it can last longer.
Unless, for ppl with budget OR just rather change fronts. Either way is fine....just personal preference.

Definitely no need to get high-end Brembo Big Brake Kit, 4 piston caliper & 12.9 Rotors...those will require at least 17: wheels + different offset.
Those are for ppl who drive hard on their Accords.

I am awaiting for my Rotora Sponsorship next year with 4 piston caliper/12.9 slotted rotors.

Good Luck, feel free to ask questions.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:33 PM

I'd agree on the powerslot rotors, don't know anything about metal master pads, brembo makes great stuff, the third option would be Hawk HP rotors/pads, and forth OEM.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Deleted User
Unregistered
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 PM
trock859
Unregistered

I would check the rotors to make sure they are thick enough to turn.If they are, I would take it somewhere and have them turned on the car. I know that the wheel bearings are often damaged if the hub is not removed properly from the spindle.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 AM

Where can you find the PowerSlot Rotors and Metal Master Pads?
How much are they running for, front and back?