General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A brick wall

Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Default A brick wall

Id first like to say that this isnt a thread asking which is better SS or ceramic, or "I have $30 and i want a turbo"

So its seems that ive come up against a brick wall in my pursuit of engine mods. In december i plan to do the Intake & Exhaust manifold and maybethe pullys at the same time. After that i dont know what to do. Ive decided i dont want to go F/I and dont want to do an engine swap(I love my little 4-bngr). I want to keep it N/A and i want real engine mods, no more bolt ons.So whats next? Sleeve, Bore? Replace crank/pistons? Port polish?

So your questions are going to be...
Q.Where do you want the power?
A. Id like it throughout the power band, more towards the top end.

Q.How much do you want to spend?
A.Id like to keep each mod under or about2500. But if theres something worth doing for more im always open to suggestions.

I do however have a question regarding throttle bodys. Now if you get a larger throttle body and put it on the stock IM the bottle neck is still at the IM opening. With that said im going with a larger IM, would it make any sense to get a larger TB? The TSX IM fits the stock accord TB so i would imagine that nothing changes except for the size of the vacum created.

Also one last question, i found this what do you think?

Old 11-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Default RE: A brick wall

I'd suggest finding some pistons and sleeves, new camshafts, new engine managment system, lightweight flywheel, oversized valves, then sleeve the motor, port and polish the head (maybe shave it just a tincy bit), and get the crank balanced, then pull the motor yourself, pull all the major components off it and take it into a machine shop with all the parts, if you have it all done at once I bet you can stay under $2000.00.

As for the intake manifold, I saw an earlier thread about someone who did it and swears by it, then throw a SRI on there and bore the throttle body and with all those other mods you'd have a mean N/A machine.