General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bright light

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:48 AM
Default bright light

hey guy's i bet alot of people might have the same problem that i am having not enoughf light from their head lights my question is do any of you know what i could do ,buy or install on my 96 accord that will make my lights i bit brigter than they are now ? a few weeks ago i went to pep boy's and bought a set of 9006 blue head lights and they work sort of ok but then we got some rain its like im driving with out any headlights so i put my stocks back on i don't know what else i can do to fix my problem if any body know's something please let my know

Old 08-22-2006, 02:39 AM
Administrator
Default RE: bright light

Hi Member..if the blue tint bulbs were not bright enough for you then go back to the store and get the white brite bulbs, they are the brightest sold...other then HID's..also are your headlight lens turning yellowish?

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM

no my headlights arn't turning yellow their a llittle bit scratch but still very clear i was on line last night before i went to bed and i found a forum that was talking about this film for your headlights calle'd lumn-x that you can buy in blue tint or yellow but they were talking about that the yellow tint would make your lights brigter and that the yellow shines throw most whether conditions thats why le mans ang gt cars use yellow head lights does this have any truth to it ?

Old 08-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Anything you put over your headlights will take away light, not make them brighter. Same thing for colored coatings on the bulb.

Yellow light scatters slightly less than white light; but the colored filter will add extra heat to the lamp housing; probably not a good idea with stock headlights. Blue light scatters the most because of it's shorter wavelength.

Just a couple thoughts...
How are your headlights aimed? If they're aimed up in the air, that makes it seem like they're dim, only because they aren't shining down on the road.

Are the reflectors dirty or corroded inside the headlamps?

Old 08-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Texas94Accord
Unregistered

I bought some Xenon white lights for my 94 Accord and they will blind the hell out of people, I also have brand new headlights. I dont know if that makes a huge difference or not

Old 08-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Our Man Jim Blake has the correct answer about those yellow tint headlight....Not Good!
Our Man Texas94Accord has the bright bulbs that I meantioned to you on that earlier post...

WheelBrokerAng ...who has projector headlights with the Xenon Bulbs...like daylight at nighty-nite time...[sm=americanasmiley.gif]