General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buzzing noise at certain speeds

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 PM
terryshaz
Unregistered
Default Buzzing noise at certain speeds

Hiya all,

New to the forum and yes I have read the general help section regarding the possible problem with my car. Help is much needed, pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

I have a 2003 Honda accord executive automatic saloon with the 2.4 vtec engine. At 45-55mph and 75-85mph, I get a very funny buzzing noise from the engine bay during the time I am accelerating between these speeds. I don't believe it makes this noise at any other speed. Makes the noise on any type of road and in any type of weather condition.

I took that car to my dealer who had the car for four days only to advise that its an air intake noise, happens to be associated with the 2.4 accord engine and basically tough, I have to live with it.

Is there anyone else out there with this problem as the dealer reckons it only happens with the 2.4 automatic.

I have read with interest the general help section. It bears mention to the famous 'A' pipe exhaust noise at certain rpms. The noise is so annoying and if I can't find a resolve, the car is going, which is such a shame as everything else is top notch.

If it means replacing expensive exhaust parts etc, fine, I will give it a go as long as someone out there can confirm that I'm not alone or not on a wild goose chase and that this is after all quite common?

Any help/guidance would be most welcome.

Thanks for reading, will sign off now (sorry for lengthy first post!)

Best regards
Terry

Old 09-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Buzzing noise at certain speeds

a saloon huh? where are you from. we just dont have that car here in the US, but we do have the k24 engine here in many cars. there is not usually any buzzing noise from that motor. can you find where the noise is? can it be replicated while the car is not moving?

Old 09-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yo Terry .

I also got a 2003 accord and i have no such issues so whomever told you that at the dealership that you have to live with it is FULL OF IT .. and if they say so..

have the dealer let you test drive another 2003 that they have on the lot see if it makes the same noise ,, if it does not,, go on a test drive with the service manager ,,

you should be able to go from there ...

Now there is what Honda says is a balancer shaft buzz or rattle ,, that they say it is normal and will not go away .. as a matter of fact there is a bulletin on it SN040612,, I wonder if that is what you are experiencing

But they ar saying that the buzz occurs when engine is winding down from 3000 to 2000 rpm and mostly sitting in park or neutral.. So that does not sound like it ..

I am sure they checked the cat conv heat shield ??

Old 09-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: lightshow

a saloon huh? where are you from. we just dont have that car here in the US...
Sure we do. It's called the Acura TSX. ("Saloon" is British for sedan.)