General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buzzing in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Default same problem

I got a 99 Honda accord ex-L 4door auto 2.3 4cyl and whines like crazy in park and when you switch to reverse the sound is unbearable roaring winning grinding sound til you switch to drive gears and its quiet. I was told just need to put a new lock in lock out trans solenoid and would have reverse again and no noise I dunno if true or not . I'm gonna order next month the one for my car is $181 plus shipping so let's cross fingers I got kids to take care of and low income.I didn't buy my Honda for a race car I got for a dependable family car and so far I'm dissatisfied on stuff I had to fix like the main breaker and the ignition switch cutting motor off when driving and haven to hold key in start position in drive and it would keep going for few secs then easily let go of key and would be back to normal. Then I can not find my radio reset code to save my life my binds dealer wants me bring in won't give me code over phone so we have been driving without a radio for months because battery went dead. I guess I need call a out of state dealer see if will give code. This was my first Honda I ever bought heard a lot gogood one them seen a lot fixed up and racing around roads so figured was a dependable didn't have work on car I guessed wrong

Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 PM

The trans winning issue should be a free recall for everyone someone somewhere built something in the wrong place in side of trans for this issue to be bothersome to a lot on here and on Facebook and then YouTube