General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buzzing sound from ABS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Default honda accord 97 lx special edition

hi all, im new here.

i going to tell the history of my pump and i hope some one can help me what's my problem (sorry my english isn't good! ).

i buy honda accord 97lx, when i see the abs pump, this pump leaking fluid from the top and botton (i think) and making a noise intermitent (bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr stop, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stop, brrrrrrrrrrrr stop, bbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stop) when i put fluid the buzzing noise was low.

well some friends told me change the pump, i buy another abs pump unit second (new is very expensive) and the mechanical changed, bleed all brake wheels following the sequence, but the new second abs pump when i start up the abs pump make buzzing noise for few minutes them the buzzing noise stop and the abs light is turn on.

i don't know if the same abs pump unit need bleed or what because this unit and before, have dongle to bleed fluid.

i hope some one can tell me what's it...

thank all and have a nice day!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

The abs light coming on means a code was stored. Short the blue 2-pin connector under the glove box and count the abs light flashes.

See: http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

The procedure is identical, except you count the abs light.

An abs code have two parts, a main code and sub code. There is a 1 second pause between the main and sub code, and a 5 second pause for the next code. If there is only one code it will repeat.

So 3 flashes, 1 sec pause, 2 flashes would be a code 3-2.

Post the code on here.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:12 AM

hey thanks for the tips.. ok, i follow the steps and i receive this code of the abs light

abs light: 1 flash, after 5 seconds 1 flash, after 5 seconds 1 flash, and thats all finish the flashing in the abs light.

curiously the D4 flash 4 times, them 4 times, them 4 times like a loop.

well i hope this information can help me what's the problem with my car!.

thank friend.!

and have a nice weekend.

Originally Posted by PAhonda
The abs light coming on means a code was stored. Short the blue 2-pin connector under the glove box and count the abs light flashes.

See: http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

The procedure is identical, except you count the abs light.

An abs code have two parts, a main code and sub code. There is a 1 second pause between the main and sub code, and a 5 second pause for the next code. If there is only one code it will repeat.

So 3 flashes, 1 sec pause, 2 flashes would be a code 3-2.

Post the code on here.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

That is a code 1, abs pump over run.

Check to see if the reservoir is low on fluid (I had this happen on my accord about 5 years ago, never lost fluid to have this happen).

There are other items that can cause this to happen, but start with the simple stuff first.

The D4 light is a problem with the vehicle speed sensor (VSS). Did your check engine light flash a code 17?

Old 03-06-2010, 12:08 PM

reservoir of the same abs pump?

woow speed sensor, i replaced this item because the original was broke (old). i buy new speed sensor in ebay last month ago.

well when i make the test the engine light just turn on and never flashed.

thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by PAhonda
That is a code 1, abs pump over run.

Check to see if the reservoir is low on fluid (I had this happen on my accord about 5 years ago, never lost fluid to have this happen).

There are other items that can cause this to happen, but start with the simple stuff first.

The D4 light is a problem with the vehicle speed sensor (VSS). Did your check engine light flash a code 17?

Old 03-06-2010, 12:55 PM

well, i check the reservoir of the abs pump and the fluid is over the maximum limit, maybe this's the problem.

well here the pic for confirm that's the problem.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by rchial
reservoir of the same abs pump?

woow speed sensor, i replaced this item because the original was broke (old). i buy new speed sensor in ebay last month ago.

well when i make the test the engine light just turn on and never flashed.

thanks for your help.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

That VSS code 4 may be an old code that was never erased. If you remove the radio/backup fuse, maybe this code will go away.

As for the ABS, there is a diagnostic procedure for code 1 in the 94 shop manual that you can download from the links posted in the online manuals thread in the DIY section.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 AM

hi there, i'm having this problem with my '95 Accord EX. intermittently, the pump will buzz or whine when i start the car. at the same time the noise stops, i'm hearing a 'click' in my dash. i'm guessing that's a relay that's turning the light on. i found a ABS relay in the engine compartment on the right/passenger side. i'm going to look into any leaks, bleeding the system and the o-rings and get back with my results.

thanks fellas!