General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I put Auto Up Window Switchs in all Windows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Default Can I put Auto Up Window Switchs in all Windows?

My auto up-down window switch in my 2003 accord is failing and I will need to replace it. It always bugged me that the drivers window only had the auto switch and I was thinking of replacing all the drivers window switches to auto up-down. Does anyone know if this is possible? How about cost?

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Can I put Auto Up Window Switchs in all Windows?

As long as the wiring is the same and the auto up/down mechanism is within the switch it should be fairly easy. The auto up/down switches from a 2000 or newer Acura should work, they look identical, just get however many switches you need , but they have to be driver window siwtches.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM

I kinda doubt that would work. I know that on my tC, there is a mini-computer that controls the body systems like locks, windows and mirrrors. On my car, this is the system that is causing issues in getting a remote lock/unlock beeper .... the problem is that they haven't figured out how to have it work the same as the key remote...... right now, it will beep when you press the inside door lock button.

If the Accord has this type of system, the switch won't work. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a product to add this that works off a time based program so it essentially holds the button down for you, but I've never looked for anything like this. Try emailing Shaun at token@tokinsolutions.net .... he makes electronic modules to add "luxury" controls to cars. I'm probably going to buy the beeper once he gets it to work properly and also a time based mirror module so both of my sideviews drop when I throw the car in reverse.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:45 AM

Honda uses a driver and passenger multiplexes to control windows. The door locks are basic +unlock/ground/+lock switches controlled by positive pulses sent out by the keyless entry/lock switch. That what I meant by "if the auto up/down mechanism is in the switch". If it is isolated in the switches, then you could possibly bypass all the junk that goes on in the multiplexes.

Falkore, have you pulled a door lock switch and looked at it's wiring? I have some wiring diagrams from my alarm system that might be able to help you.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 PM

Can you recommend a online parts supplier for the switches and any other standard part?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: finch13

Falkore, have you pulled a door lock switch and looked at it's wiring? I have some wiring diagrams from my alarm system that might be able to help you.
I've been going back and forth with Shaun about the lock module. On the tC, if I have the driver door open, it won't lock with the key fob. This and some other safeties are what make it difficult to build the beep function. The car flashes the parking lights also .... all controlled by this Black box that Shaun and I have dubbed the body multiplexor. He's getting close to finding the lead that will trigger properly, but not success yet. They do have the module and there are many DIY's for this, but everyone has the same problem with the lock buttons triggering the beep. It's all about which wire to tap for the relay signal.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:50 PM

That #3 is about #23 and #4 is $103. You would have to do some digging in the do to find out how they are wired. i thought the switches were individual, but I guess they are part of the main assembly.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:02 PM

im fairly sure on my accord that the window motor detects when its all the way down and sends a pulse to the switch/controller telling it to turn off. So in order to hook that up, you would need three new switches AND three new regulators. I could be wrong though.