General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car alignment/pulling (2010 Accord)?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Default Car alignment/pulling (2010 Accord)?????

I've never been so desperate for an answer and unfortunately i have nor has Honda been successful at addressing my major issue with my new 2010 Accord EXL Navi Coupe.

Problem: Car pulls heavy to the right on a slow, moderate or hard acceleration from a stopped position (not torque steer).

Service Repairs performed at Honda;
1) 3 Set's of Michelin Tires
2) 6 Wheel Alignments
3) Caster shift

I've ensured tire pressure is consistant, currently have Micheline Pilot sport AS plus tires (one directional tires) that Honda put on due to the vibration/pulling issue from the get go.

I have 3,000KM on this car. In addition to this issue i recently heard a loud clunk bang noise from the front right side of my suspension when i had to break hard followed by that same noise when acceleration (not ABS).

Other symptoms that i am experiencing relating to steering
1) Bump steer - feels like the steering wheel is always wanting to move to the 1pm/2pm position and i have to constantly correct it
2) Steering wheel has never been centred (its always to the right)
3) I weigh an 180, if i have a passenger sitting in the car with me (aprox same weight) the pulling is more pronounced to the right and my car develops a constant pull when coasting.
4) When i rotated my tires from Front to Back the steering wheel was even more off centre and the pulling was actually worse. Again, new tires (3rd) set.

My friend recently purchased the same exact car as me and i have concluded this is NOT a characteristic of this car as that's what Honda is now telling me.

I am willing to pay a 3rd party to fully inspect the front end of this car as i am confident there is either a component that is defective, broken or seriously loose ( but honda has confirmed multiple times they do not see any abnormalities)
This is my 4th new honda accord and the worst one that i've ever owned.

My other thought is that there is a slight lateral bend in the alloy rims (17" oem)

Your expert advice is greatly appreciated. Are there any techies out there that can help me solve this issue once and for all so i can actually enjoy my new car?

Thank you so much in advance and sorry for the long story, i wanted to ensure all the details were covered.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 AM

Is there a "Lemon Law" in Canada? That is where I would be directing my energies.