General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car slips for 1 second in first and not in others????

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default car slips for 1 second in first and not in others????

ok new to hondas and to the forum bought an accord need more mpg. model in the signature as required and searched before posting

got a new car. picking it up tomorrow checked it today.
when driving put it in first and try to take off as the clutch is released it kinda feels like a sponge and the car feels like it slipping and then after a second and over 4 mph it goes fine as it feels and then shift to second no problem clutch feels better and then to third it kinda grinds just the slightest. doesnt stop or slow down the throw. goes right in and as so it jsut like 'girt' i only drove it around the block cuz not tags etc.
popped the hood and had buddy push the clutch the slave moves a distance when petal is pushed and the resovior on the mater cyclinder is brandnew leading me to believe the master is new.
im just confused as to the hesatation that is only in first. granted i didnt go very fast to check it. but my buddy said yeah that feels weird and he laid down and adjusted the clutch petal under the dash and then he drove it and said it feels better and we looked under the hood.
i didnt drive it after that but thats my main issue. any ideas

also the rpm and mph and temp dont work. he said the temp and speed sensor are bad and not overly worried about the tac.
does the radiator fan come on if the temp sensor is not working.
he said it has been sitting and the person he got it from it had been sitting for a little bit too. when first trying to start it it sputtered he said its had the same tank of gas. sputter sputter and start and ran fine. off and on no problems.

any ideas can i get a steal on this or should i just stay away.??? id like an honest idea i plan on getting an accord they are pretty cheap and plentiful around here

Old 04-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Cspeade
got a new car. picking it up tomorrow checked it today.

i only drove it around the block cuz not tags etc.

my buddy said yeah that feels weird and ...
i didnt drive it after that but thats my main issue. any ideas

also the rpm and mph and temp dont work.

he said it has been sitting and the person he got it from it had been sitting for a little bit too.

id like an honest idea i plan on getting an accord they are pretty cheap and plentiful around here
So,
1 - it hasn't been running for a long time and two successive owners tried, but each gave up.
2 - You didn't get a good test drive.
3 - Clutch tranny issues.
4 - Critical instruments not working.

That would be enough to move me on down the road pronto ...

Last edited by UhOh; 04-27-2012 at 01:29 AM.