General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake lamp indicator always lit and others

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Uber
Unregistered
Default brake lamp indicator always lit and others

greetings i'm from the philippines and it's rainy season here right now. my problem is about the brake lamp light that intermittently goes on and off, but most of the time its lit. same thing goes for the defogger switchwhich gets lit or not at times. my dimmer switch also doesn't seem to work, turning the **** both ways doesn't seem to make any effect on the dash lights. any advice from you guys? well owing to the fact that condensation maybe the culprit since like i said i live in the tropics and its rainy season right now. thanks

Old 12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Default RE: brake lamp indicator always lit and others

The brake light on the dash could be lighting up due to a fault in the brake fluid cap fluid level float. Take off the brake fluid cap from the brake fluid reservoir. Try to move the float up and down. Be careful not to get brake fluid on anything as it will remove the paint. If you want to test it with a VOM, you can probe the two wires coming off the cap. Test for continuity when the float is up, then test for continutiy when the float is down.