General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start has no spark or gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Default Car wont start has no spark or gas

Hi everyone I'm the proud owner of A 92 Accord Wagan. The only problem is Won't Run.

When I put in my key , I hear the relay for the interlock release then it locks. Barring me from moving the shifter normally.

When I attempt to start it has no spark, or fuel to the injector. The main relay doesn't click.

I tested my distibutor ecm it's good, I replaced the main ecm . NoLuck. When I jump a wire to one of the grounds on thefuel pump relay it runs the fuel pump ,but still no spark.

Notes: Checked the Electronic Load Detector,it has 12volts, 4volts,0volts (ground)
Jumped 12volts to the wire with 4 volts, Made my chime go,but still no spark to the plug.
Any help Appreciated, Thanks to everyone who tookthe time to read this ,Rick

Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Car wont start has no spark or gas

I am not sure what you mean by distributor ecm. Do you mean the ignition control module (aka ignitor)?

Unplug the connector(s) to the distributor. Check for 12V on the yel/blk wire with the key turned to the II position. That wire will go to the to both the ignitor and the coil positive lead.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

I would also check all of your fuses.

In the engine bay box:
ECV (10A)
Backup (7.5A)
IG (50A)
Battery (80A)

The box under the drivers dash:
#2 (15A)
#9 (7.5A)
#7 (7.5A)
#1 (10A)

Old 11-18-2008, 01:15 AM

Yes, Thats what I meant ICM ignitor. it ran my fathers car. but his has an internal coil. So I could not test the whole distibutor. But that part is good. Also tested my fuel pump/ Fuel injection relay in his car, relay is good.
I had 12 volts across ground(carbody as ground)on the blk/yellow @ distibutor
My ground wires thru the connector however only gave me 10 volts. To The cars body ground 12 volts,@ the external coil.
I believe the main computer is not coming on. or being locked out.
Keep the ideas coming and thanks

Old 11-18-2008, 01:23 AM

Yes, All fuses are good. That was my first test. Thanks for your Reply

Old 11-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

I am guessing that your car is an LX/DX and his car is an EX. Some of those parts are not interchangeable. You should also put your car's information in your signature.

There is a shop manual that you can download for a 91 accord in the Online manuals thread in the DIY section.

I still think that you should check your fuses. Anything labeled for the ECU and fuel pump as I listed before.

EDIT: I just read your last post about the fuses.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

You should check all ends of the battery cables and make sure that they are clean and secure. If you can try this, hook the battery up to another car with jumper cables and see if the car starts properly. This would rule out a weak battery.

You may also want to test the ignition switch.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:47 AM

I'll download that. Thanks for your help. Not sure about specifics of my model just that it's a 1992 accord wagon. Is there an easy way to verify my main computer is coming on?
Any clue where the datalink for reading the check engine codes. My door chime doesn't sound when Insert the key, Also the interior light doesn't work, bulb looks good, Help Help Help,

Old 11-18-2008, 01:52 AM

Battery tested 12.8 when I did the tests. I have since charged it. The car does turn over, just no spark , no fuelpump. No Fp/Efi Relay noise. And intermittant shift soliniod noise. I am stumped as well.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:56 AM

Thanks for all your help PA Honda

Quick Reply: Car wont start has no spark or gas