General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB7 SE blowing ECU fuse.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 PM
OMG-OHNOZ
Unregistered
Default CB7 SE blowing ECU fuse.

my friend is having issues. his wife has a '91 CB7 SE F22 auto that has been blowing ECU fuses. they blow as soon as the ignition is turned on. after about two hours of talking. we found out the fan timer relay was not causing it (lol) its not the ECU itself, but he did say he replaced the fuel pump with a cheap chinese one here a couple years ago, possible culprit? had to cut the conversation short just as he found the main relay. he went though probably 4 fuses unplugging different computers and such then turning the ignition on to see if it blows the fuse. which it kept doing. we figured if we unplugged the MR, and turned over (causing the fuel pump not to get power) we would narrow it down to probably that. which brings me to my other question ( long questions i know, but we're almost done) is the fuel pump accesable through the trunk or under the rear seat? i know my Integra had a pass under the seat, and my Legend's is in the trunk. (HUGE help when the pump went out last year) and i know i know, "Accords and Legends are two different cars" i have been preaching it myself for years.

sorry for the rambling, but its how i am any help much, much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by OMG-OHNOZ; 06-24-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

I just saw a thread on here saying on a 93 Accord you have to drop the tank to get the fuel pump. The access cover (way forward in the trunk) is for the fuel gauge sender. I don't know this firsthand, cause I never owned a 91...

Otherwise... The main relay switches power to the fuel pump on a whole separate circuit with a different fuse, vs. the other switching. I guess what I mean is a bad fuel pump would blow the fuelpump fuse, not the ECU fuse.

But most of the other sensors & solenoid valves are powered through tbe main relay, and one of THEM might blow the ECU fuse.
Preheater for the O2 sensor?
Throttle position sensor?
Any of the 4,000 solenoid valves for all the vacuum lines, etc...

Old 06-24-2009, 01:24 PM
OMG-OHNOZ
Unregistered

well there isnt a fuel pump fuse... thats what got me, and i know i had a sensor on my Legend go bad, it was one on the top of the throttle body with coolant running through it (code 14) cant remember what its called though, that made mine blew. i was going to have him just start unplugging things and seeing what does and doesnt blow the fuse, but i think he would have run out of fuses kinda quickly... lol

Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, I coulda sworn there was a fuel pump fuse. Check out the DIY section for a download shop manual (get a circuit drawing).

Code 14 is the idle-air control valve. It's one of those devices that has power all the time (thru main relay) and the ECU switches the ground side of the circuit.