General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD player wont eject disc 3 (03 Acc V6)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Default CD player wont eject disc 3 (03 Acc V6)

Short of tearing the CD player out of the dash and disassembling it is there any kind of way to trick or force it to eject something (the way floppy drives used to have that little hole in it) or anything? I know nothing about honda cd players. It had 5 CD's in there to start and ejected the other four, but #3 seems stuck, wont play, wont eject. (I have to return these discs to the original owner yet) I also treid inserting one of my own CD's which it refused to play, and then acted clunky about ejecting. (refusing at first then an hour later it finally ejected it)

This makes me wonder if there is any replacement for this wierdly shaped trapezoid in the dash that's not a factory player to stick a DIN chassis unit in there without ruining the lines of the dash or something and seems annoyingly integrated into the climate controls. :-/

Car is a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6

Old 09-24-2018, 08:07 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No you must take it out and take the cover off of it. Once off you will see a spring which is preventing it to be ejected. It is also an easy fix. Lube up just a bit and your issue will be gone.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:32 PM

Well Disc 3 spontaneously ejected while fiddling with the MODE button on the steering wheel, I was at first surprised, it instantly re-ate the disc, and I beat the mode button like hammering a ten penny nail into oak until it finally spit out the disc a second time and I snatched it. So I finally have my friend's irreplaceable copy of John Tesh Live at Red Rocks to return to him. >_>

What i'm wondering next is - since I guess the CD player worked this time, perhaps it can again. Is there things that can be lubricated or is it just something that 'requires use' like feed in and eject a bunch of CD's to work the mechanism because it doesn't like sitting or what? Man above just says to lube it up but i'm not sure what to lube specifically I guess unless there's a disassembly and servicing video somewhere...

Old 10-09-2018, 04:15 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Now when I say lube it's not lubing car parts. You have to disassemble and spray with lubricant and wipe down or else you will end up with a unit with too much grease. The spray I used was silicone because thats all I had. Once I took my time taking it apart and putting it back together I had no more problems until I sold it for the Navi upgrade (18 months). If anyone else has had this issue I'm sure they will chime in. Also they do have a service on eBay if you need the assistance and I'm sure there is a video or 2 showing how others got there's to work.