General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CEL and SRS Light Comes On after installing Glow Gauges!?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
BoostinYou4Life
Unregistered
Default CEL and SRS Light Comes On after installing Glow Gauges!?

Okay,
I installed Glow Gauges on my Hyundai Tiburon years back and it was perfect, smooth install. So my little sister wanted me to install her Glow Gauges on her 2000 Honda Accord V6. I did, and hit many bumps and now I reached the end and hit a road block.

1) The needles are getting stuck, I have no idea why, I think it's stuck because of the gauges. (GREAT!)[:@]
2) I hooked it up to a fuse with a fake fuse relay thing, I hooked it to the "Reverse and Instrument Lights" fuse.. Come to find out putting it in reverse causes the fuse to blow and locks up the car.. (GREAT!)[:@]
3) When I first turned on the car after installing the gauges, not even driving it, a Check Engine Light comes up and the SRS Airbag light comes up. What the hell!? I didn't even touch the engine or the airbag!

So, does anyone know how I can find the light switch wire so I can crimp it to that wire that turns the original cluster on?
And why would a CEL and SRS Light appear? I am going to scan the code tomorrow and see what I get.
And a weird question, but would the needles getting stuck on the gauges cause any problems with the car while driving? Mechanically or anything?

Also I am looking for a front piece for the cluster of a 2000 Honda Accord V6, just the glass and the black piece. The directions sucked so bad, I cracked the glass >.<

Old 07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
BoostinYou4Life
Unregistered
Default RE: CEL and SRS Light Comes On after installing Glow Gauges!?

So I found out why the SRS light appeared, it's because I tested the gauges to power before I plugged in the cluster wires. How many cycles till the light becomes a history light?

Old 06-30-2014, 02:31 PM

theres a how to on to reset srs light on here