General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Question Check engine light ??

Ok first im new here!
Today i was riding home and then checkengine light and tcs light turned on. I think the yellow triangle turned on too. My car was shaking and rpm went to 2k(i was on the stoplight) i Pressed accelerator pedal and no response! I parked in a store i turned My car off and i turned it on again. Tcs light turn off but check engine! I drove home and 3 minutes later again! It wasnt the first time! I saw this light months ago. I took it to autozone they said it was a sHort circuit! Light turned off when they scaned it. I forgot trobleshoot # . I dont know if someone can help me i will really appreciate since i need it to go to work im so worried.i know if i take it to the dealer its gonna cost me alot :/ . I have a accord coupe 2005 exl manual 6m/t . Thanks. Oh i forgot it have aftermarket headlight i dont know it can be the problem?

Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

You would need the actual trouble code to narrow down the area of the problem.

Is this a 4 or 6 cylinder? 2005 Accord V6 were drive-by-wire; whereas, 2005 Accord I4 were not drive-by-wire. But, we need the trouble code too.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Its v6. I will go to get the trouble code in a bit!

Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Get the code to be sure; but, it may turn out to be the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor. The APP sensor on your car is located on the passenger side firewall. Get the code and if it is that, I can post more info. for you.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I just went to o'reilly auro parts.
Trouble code: p2135
Code summary:
Throttle position senson 1/2 incorrect voltage correlation
You think i have to take it to mechanic and get a second opinion?
Check engine light is still on, it didnt dissapear this time. What do u recommend?? Thanks!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Get the code to be sure; but, it may turn out to be the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor. The APP sensor on your car is located on the passenger side firewall. Get the code and if it is that, I can post more info. for you.
I heard too its bad for your car To charge someone else battery with juPer cables. I have done it 3 times i dont know if its was the problem too??

Old 06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Your car has both a APP sensor and a throttle actuator and throttle position sensor. The APP sensor usually was the problem and is a relatively common problem on the V6 for your generation Accord. It also affected some Acuras.

Attached are some pictures of the location of the APP sensor. Check that the electrical connector is tight first.

It is not too difficult to replace yourself. Most people estimate 15 - 30 minutes to change. One of these links shows pictures (post #10 in the second link) on how to change it. You can save like $40 if you purchase the APP sensor via an online Honda dealer like Bernardi Honda Parts or Majestic. But, sounds like you want it fixed fast.

p2135 code yesterday - V6 Performance.net Forums

P2138 code & Control Arm (unrelated) - Drive Accord Honda Forums

The problem probably has nothing to do with you giving people jump starts.

Attached Thumbnails Check engine light ??-app.jpg   Check engine light ??-app2.jpg   Check engine light ??-accelerator-sensor.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Your car has both a APP sensor and a throttle actuator and throttle position sensor. The APP sensor usually was the problem and is a relatively common problem on the V6 for your generation Accord. It also affected some Acuras.

Attached are some pictures of the location of the APP sensor. Check that the electrical connector is tight first.

It is not too difficult to replace yourself. Most people estimate 15 - 30 minutes to change. One of these links shows pictures (post #10 in the second link) on how to change it. You can save like $40 if you purchase the APP sensor via an online Honda dealer like Bernardi Honda Parts or Majestic. But, sounds like you want it fixed fast.

p2135 code yesterday - V6 Performance.net Forums

P2138 code & Control Arm (unrelated) - Drive Accord Honda Forums

The problem probably has nothing to do with you giving people jump starts.
Hey bro last question i check both rite now. They were tight but i turned my car on and checkengine light turned off. You think i still have to change them or wait if it happens again?? I got a intake system i dont know if i messed it up when i was changing it (intake pipe). Thanks i really aprreciate your help. This forum is amazing. Greetings from WA

Old 06-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

You can wait and see if it happens again. I seriously doubt your aftermarket headlights, giving people battery jumps, or air intake has anything to do with it; lol. It usually was only the APP sensor and not the throttle actuator and throttle position sensor.

I like Bernardi Honda Parts, if you regularly buy from them, they send you discount codes every now and then.