General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Check your Emergency Signal button

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Ric
Default Check your Emergency Signal button

I got Honda Accord LX 1996 model 4-door Sedan and NEVER use the Emergency Signal button when I press down then I press again to shut down BUT it won't shut down because the button is engaged or stock-up! I even knock harder BUT it won't kick out. Is the tension spring became weak? Or maybe the plastic body is weak? Or the push out button should be made smaller? Or the two spring clips holder too strong for the weak plastic body case? Could it be all of the above?

Try to check your 5th Generation Accord's IF you got the same problem. As for my Accord car the problem I discovered was "All of the above". IF we all having the same problem then how we could call the attention of Honda people to fix their defect car. Even the Police Officer told me Honda should fix it because your money is genuinely GOOD with NO defect.

I thought Honda Accord's quality were the best BUT not. Please post your own finding also.

Last edited by Ric; 06-22-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

My flasher signal had the same problem. I replaced it with a new one. It was a simple DIY.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

I was able to clean mine...called it a day and never thought more about it until now.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Ric
Default Thank You PAhonda & poorman212 for we all ride in the same car.

To PAhonda,
YES, I knew it because my 1996 ACCORD lightly use total mileages about 133K only and I NEVER use my Emergency push button and always parked at the shade BUT still stray’s UV rays affect the switch housing and because the TWO strong metal clips compressed it ALL THE TIME.

Did you discard your switch already? I never said it is BAD or burned. It can be fix. How much it cost for a new one? Did you said simple DIY? Ordinary people with no mechanic mind have a hard time taking it out. They tried to oil the square button or using DW40 to NO avail because the TWO strong clips compress the weaken hallow housing body BUT & If you able to pull the switch out then it always work FINE outside because the TWO strong clips are in relaxing mode BUT try to squeeze those clips at the same time press twice the square button – now, release your fingers pressure. This is how I proved “All OF The Above” are correct.

My Honda Civic 1999 using a much better Emergency switch. Honda should change and look for better supplier of Emergency switches. It was also a wrong designed.

I’ve to ask this question again. Where or whom shall we approach to start a manufacturing Recalls? I’ve a more BIGGER problem – my Accord car locks really defective the first day I bought it and not until it were stolen by using a Shaved key.

To poorman212,
How do you clean it? Have you not testing outside your car? It’s sure works FINE when there’s NO compression by the two mounting clips holder. You’re right because we NEVER use the Emergency push button switch not until you read my post.

Here’s another: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING:FRONT UNDERHOOD Recall for 1996 ACCORD HONDA Auto Recalls - Justia Car & Truck Recalls

Last edited by Ric; 06-24-2012 at 12:37 AM.